Listening to your fine album right now... so dreamy and druggy... love, love, love... and that cover is so cool, too... can't wait to hold it in my hands and play the album on my Linn !
Favorite track: Unfettered And Alive.
Ltd Colour Vinyl Edition (Black Vinyl Shown) - 100 For Europe. Presented in a 350gsm Gloss Laminated Sleeve with download code.
Record/Vinyl + Digital Album
Cardinal Fuzz are proud to introduce Dire Wolves (Just Exactly Perfect Sisters Band) - Paradisiacal Mind and their tenth (or possibly twelth) full length since 2008. Dire Wolves put forth a sound of ecstatic improvisation, each member documenting coordinate points in the higher dimensions of cosmic free-rock. The music lies somewhere near the nebulous intersection of psych, kosmische beat and astral jazz. These are exploratory journeys, transportive trance-based experiments in vertical listening, totally collaborative and often forming spontaneous compositions. The focus is more about feeling than any specific approach to playing. Paradisiacal Mind conjures a floating stellular kraut Americano with quite a lot to pull you in to the mix and then drift you right back out again. Following two simultaneous 2017 releases - on Feeding Tube and Beyond Beyond Is Beyond - that explored out-of-body experience, this latest work turns decidedly inward. Psychic rock that guides your vision to heaven, and heaven is in your mind. When cover artist Kyla Quigley asked the band to draw from the tarot to inform her new work, the card was The Star, a renewal of hope and strength to carry on. And so it all came together - acute, right and obtuse, all at once. A portion of the record was recorded in Oakland by Zachary Watkins (Black Spirituals), who helped set the atmosphere to capture the festival consciousness vibes. The remainder was realized on Bernal Hill, celebrating the 50+ year tradition of San Francisco psychedelic intensity. Additional players include Laura Naukkarinen (Lau Nau), Taralie Peterson (Spires That In The Sunset Rise) and Michael Whittaker (Jackie-O Motherfucker). Recommended to the open minds that celebrate such sounds as the punk-hippie crossover scene of mid ‘80s SST records, as well as listeners of Scandinavian/Teutonic communal motorik vibes. And those into spiritual jazz, meditative and primordial minimalism, and scratched Environments LPs from the dollar bin. For the heads. (Glen Burnout, September 2018 )
LP released in UK/EU by Cardinal Fuzz Records (Distributed Via Forte) LP released in USA/NA by Feeding Tube Records cassette/digital release by Pome Pome Pome Tones credits released November 9, 2018
1. Unfettered And Alive Jeffrey Alexander - guitar Sheila Bosco - drums Georgia Carbone - voice Brian Lucas - bass Arjun Mendiratta - violin
2. Just Live Your Life Behind Your Eyes Jeffrey Alexander - guitar / bells Sheila Bosco - drums / percussion Georgia Carbone - voice / bells Brian Lucas - bass Arjun Mendiratta - violin Laura Naukkarinen - voice Michael Whittaker - flute
3. We Are Stardust Jeffrey Alexander - fife / phonograph / guitar Sheila Bosco - electric piano Georgia Carbone - voice / shaker Brian Lucas - tapes Taralie Peterson - saxophone
4. In And Out Of den Gärten He Goes Jeffrey Alexander - guitar / chalumeau / percussion Sheila Bosco - drums / percussion Georgia Carbone - voice Brian Lucas - bass Arjun Mendiratta - violin Taralie Peterson - saxophone
5. Paradisiacal Mind Jeffrey Alexander - guitar / moog Sheila Bosco - drums Georgia Carbone - voice Brian Lucas - bass Arjun Mendiratta - violin Laura Naukkarinen - voice
1+4 recorded at Santo in Oakland CA by Zachary Watkins 2+5 recorded at Bessie Street in San Francisco CA by Jeffrey Alexander Track 3 recording and all tracks mixed at 3141 Mission St in San Francisco CA by Jeffrey Alexander Mastered by Chris Hardman Front cover screen print by Kyla Quigley
Includes unlimited streaming of Dire Wolves - Paradisiacal Mind
via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.
supported by 24 fans who also own “Dire Wolves - Paradisiacal Mind”
Holy smoke. One of the finest contemporary psych albums I've heard. Like an acoustic Annexus Quam meets Popul Vuh circa Brüder des Schattens meets Amon Düül circa Paradieswärts Düül meets traditional musicians from rural Iran playing Fairport Convention's Matty Groves. Forward thinking heads from southern Arizona making music as authentic and transcendent as it comes. Mushroom Head